Saturday, February 19, 2011

Mini Brag Book Tutorial Accordian Album with Pictures

Hi! This is a picture tutorial on how to make a mini brag book... I've taken pictures as I went along.... 

This is for a 3" X 4" brag book.... 
First, what we're going to do, is cut a strip of cardstock measuring 4 inches by 12 inches. 





Then you are going to fold that in half.....



Then you fold the first part in half towards the middle, flip it over and do the same.... It should look like a letter "M." I am rounding the corners of my album....


Then you are going to cut out 8 rectangles measure 2 3/4 inches by 3 3/4 inches. I am rounding the corners on my album, so if you are also, then you are going to round them now. 




Then you are going to cut a 24" inch ribbon of your choice to add to the one side of the album....



Glue all the way across the front of the album with your favorite adhesive, and then you are going to place the middle of the ribbon along the glue. 




Add your mini rectangles to the faces of the brag book.




Then you are going to add embellishments! I added layered papers, chipboard and more inside mine. 
 
 I hope you enjoyed! If there is anything you would like to learn, or to watch someone else try first, lol, please ask! I'd love to do this again! :)
 

3 comments:

Kate said...

This is awesome. My mom is a brand new Granny, and I'm totally going to make her one of these for mother's day. Thanks so much for posting this... lovely, concise and easy to follow directions.

Emmy said...

Thank you Kate! I am so glad :) Congratulations to your Mom...... Are you the one having the baby? or a sibling? Either way, congrats and good luck. I am sure your album will be loved ;)

Unknown said...

I am really grateful for the accordion album and the journals. I admire your skill.